Monday, June 18, 2007

The Melancholic Rains

Its that time of the year again.......
Mumbai rains have hit the right buttons. First fury like always it manifests in weather, in mood, and in people.

Its never been like this however. Everytime rains bring a spring in my steps, propel me to proceed with my happy go luck ways. My smile grows beyond the widest. Today i aint feeling the same. Is it age catching with me. Cant be coz have hardly crossed quarter of a century.

Then where s the energy gone missing. I am not unhappy, but y i am not happy at feeling the rain hit my face like i always have been. Professionally things r like........... they always are.

I was happy when i smelt the rain sitting inside my office. The pull of the earthy fragrances had left some thoughts, some emotions, aching to break free.

But finally when i confronted the open skies, it was very different from what happens at this time of the year.


Well, its just the beginning,
aaghaz se anjaam tak kai raahein aur manzilein rukh badal leti hain

And all my words come back to me
in shades of mediocrity
When the silence over the serene seas
in utter chaos forms harmony
When the gentle winds
form a wistful sigh
and an open mouth
form a silent cry
and pensive eyes stare into mine
while reality shatters the hand of time

When the church bells toll
in a mother's face
and her still born child
is put on the knell
When certainty comes before shattering
and numbness overclouds all feeling

When a blind child for the first time
sees sparkling dew
And Gods gentle hand forsakes you
At that time you know my friend
you are just a beginning to tan END


Love to all and malice to few

1 comment:

Nilanjan said...

Hey budd, didn't know u blog.
And no need for for cutting back on the smile ...